10 Questions with…Lena Wrenn
Hi Lena, welcome to Liffey Valley Style HQ! Thank you for taking the time to talk to us.
1. Lena, you blog about your life and style, why did you choose to be a blogger?
I didn't to be honest! It just kind of happened. I was a stay at home mam trying to find my own style again and began sharing what was in stores on Instagram and it just grew. It wasn't really my intention but the more time I put into it the more I loved doing it.
2. Do you have any style tips?
Keep it classic and avoid trends for the sake of being "trendy". If you love a trend and it suits you, then go for it but don't follow the crowd because you think you should. Work with what suits you and flatters your body type.
3. Lena, you’re no stranger to Liffey Valley. What are your favourite stores?
Topshop, River Island, H&M and of course Penneys!
4. You’re a mum to 4-year-old Theo, what’s your favourite thing about being a Mum?
The best thing about having kids is their innocence and how it teaches you that it's ok to say what you think and not have to worry about what other people think. Their naivety and simple ways are a great reminder that the best things in life are free and to live in the moment.
5. What advice would you give to our Mummy followers?
Don't forget yourself! Between kids activities and all their necessities, most of your time is dedicated to them, so don't feel guilty for taking time to yourself to take up a hobby, treat yourself and allow yourself to be an individual.
6. What was the last picture you took on your phone? Can you show us?
It was a screenshot of a pair of trousers that I am adding to a blogpost - A pair of green trousers from River Island.
7. What’s your favourite social platform- Snapchat, Instagram or Facebook?
Instagram, by a mile! I find it the most user friendly and more enjoyable to scroll through.
8. What would you tell your 16-year-old self?
You will never be able to please everyone so concentrate on what makes you happy. You don't need to have it all figured out yet, You might not even have it figured out in 10 years. Please tint your eyelashes!
9. Where do you see yourself in 10 years’ time?
I would like to be running my own business and have my own house, with maybe a couple more kids.
10. What is your guilty pleasure?
Chocolate and cakes. I'm a sugar addict and eat an unhealthy amount of it.