At Liffey Valley Shopping Centre, we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Policy explains how we collect, use, process, and disclose your information, including personal information, and how we keep it secure.
‘Personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information about you from three sources. This includes a) information we collect directly from you, b) information we automatically collect when you visit our sites, view our online content or use our WiFi services and c) information we collect about you from other sources.
a) Information we collect directly from you
We collect the following information directly from you when you choose to participate in our marketing campaign programs (i.e. prize draws, competitions), to register your interest in our services and products, to subscribe to our emails about sales and promotions, to call or email us, to participate in our surveys, to fill in our customer comments/complaints cards, or otherwise provide information directly to us.
- Name and contact details
- Date of birth, gender, age
- Marketing details
- Communication details (such as digital and/or written correspondence)
- Image data (such as photos, video images)
- Data needed for security and fraud prevention (such as official identification details, CCTV recordings)
- Data needed to comply with anti-bribery and corruption laws and other regulatory requirements (such as suspected and actual criminal behaviour, criminal records or proceedings regarding criminal or unlawful behaviour)
- Data needed to provide car parking services to you
- Other information that you voluntarily provide to us when you contact us.
Additionally, we may also collect the information which is necessary for us to perform our contractual obligations to you and to comply with our legal obligations when you purchase a gift card from us, use our wheelchair services, sign-up to use our WiFi services, or otherwise use our services:
- Account/credit card information in order to perform the transactions
- Identity verification, i.e. images of government issued ID, passport, driver license etc.
- Other information that is necessary for performance of the contracts.
We will ask for your consent before your information is used for purposes unrelated to these services, such as marketing.
b) Information we automatically collect
We use technologies to automatically collect the following information, including personal information, about the services you use and how you use them when you visit our sites, view our online content or use our WiFi services.
- service usage data;
- device number;
- the IP address of the visitor’s web server;
- the top-level domain name used (for example .ie, .com, .org, .net);
- the previous website address from which the visitor reached us, including any search term used;
- location based data; and
- Google analytics which shows the traffic or visitors around this website such as pages access and documents downloaded.
c) Information we collect from third parties
We may collect information about you from third parties when you share an article using a link to a third party service (e.g. Facebook, Twitter and Instagram). We do not control or supervise how the third parties providing your information process your personal data. The third party service may send us information such as your registration and profile information from that service.
2. HOW WE USE THIS INFORMATION
We may use your information to:
- send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about offers, promotions, prize draws and competitions;
- notify you of changes to our services or policies;
- seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
- ensure that content from our sites is presented in the most effective, responsive and compatible manner for you and for your computer or device;
- respond to your requests for information and other communication or correspondence you may submit to us;
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- improve our products and services that we provide to you;
- carry out statistical analysis and market research;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our sites, when you choose to do so;
- investigate any improper use of our products, services or the network; and
- carry out activities necessary to the running of our business, including systems testing, network monitoring, staff training and quality control
- ensure persons’ life or health and the safety of our visitors, to protect our employees, and for the prevention and detection of crime.
3. DATA SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
3.1 Sharing with third parties
We consider your data to be private and confidential. We may sometimes disclose your data to agents or service providers appointed by us, to regulatory bodies, to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries or to others who work for us in connection with the provision of products and/or services to you.
We may access and/or disclose your data if required to do so by law or in good faith and belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform with the law or comply with legal process served on us; (b) protect and defend our rights or property including, without limitation, the security and integrity of our network and systems; or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of customers, users of our services or members of the public. We may use credit scoring when assessing your order. In the event that we sell or buy businesses or assets, we may disclose your data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
We may also provide aggregated and/or anonymous information to third parties, where such information is combined with similar information of other users of our sites. For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of unique users who visit our sites, the demographic breakdown of our community users of our sites, or the activities that visitors to our sites engage in while on our sites. The third parties to whom we may provide this information may include our website design, development and hosting contractors.
3.2 Data Transfers
In principle, we undertake to process your personal data within the European Economic Area (“EEA”) as much as possible. When we process your personal data outside the EEA, we only do this if there is an appropriate level of protection for the processing of personal data. We ensure that at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
- Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
3.3 Retention Period
Your personal data is kept as long as necessary for the purpose for which it is processed including to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies. Hereinafter, your personal data will be deleted or made anonymous.
4. YOUR CHOICES
You may exercise any of the following rights by contacting us at [email protected].
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone, post or text message unless you have given your prior consent. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can change your marketing preferences at any time or ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
We endeavour to keep your data accurate, complete and up to date. If your information that we hold is inaccurate, you can let us know and we will make the necessary amendments, erase or block the relevant Data at your request and notify you within one month of your request that relevant action has been taken.
You may also request copies of your Data held by us as data controller. We will provide you with a copy of the Data held by us as soon as practicable and in any event not more than one month after the request in writing is received by us. We will not charge a fee for such requests. However, a reasonable fee may be charged to cover administrative cost where the personal data requested is excessive. We may also request proof of identification to verify your access request.
5. 16 OR UNDER
We are concerned to protect the privacy of children aged 16 or under. If you are aged 16 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
6. LINKS TO OTHER SITES AND SOCIAL MEDIA
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites and web platforms. In addition, third-party websites may also provide links to our website. If you follow a link to any of those websites or web platforms, please note that those websites and web platforms have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those policies. Please check those policies before you submit any personal data to those websites. We do not accept, and we disclaim, any responsibility for the privacy statements and information protection practices of any third party website (whether or not such website is linked on or to the sites). These links are provided to you for convenience purposes only, and you access them at your own risk. It is your responsibility to check the third party website’s privacy statements before you submit any personal data to their websites.
8. CAMERA MONITORING
Liffey Valley Management Limited currently uses CCTV cameras and other camera related surveillance systems such as ANPR to view and record individuals or vehicles on and around our premises and the areas we have agreed to manage for our clients.
Reasons for the use of camera monitoring include, but are not limited to the following:
- prevent crime and protect buildings and assets from damage, disruption, vandalism and other malicious acts
- for the personal safety of staff, visitors and other members of the public and to act as a deterrent against crime including fraud
- to support law enforcement bodies in the prevention, detection and prosecution of crime
- to assist in ensuring the health and safety of staff and others
- assist you with car park services.
7. COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
We and our third-party service providers use a variety of technologies to assess how our sites are used, to personalize your experience and to deliver you advertising, including online content, tailored to your interests.
A cookie is a small file placed on your device when you visit a site that can be understood by the site that issued the cookie. We use the information collected by cookies to remember who you are to log you in and your preferences, to provide to you advertisements, offers or other content tailored to your interests and to assess how our sites are used. You can accept or decline cookies through your browser settings. To learn more, please look at the cookie settings available in your specific web browser(s).
7.2 Other Technologies
8. CAR PARK
This Privacy Notice applies since 25 May 2018. The last modifications to this Privacy Notice were made in October, 2022.